Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change the look of one of three columns from the control column

Good Morning Team,

I have a question on Excel, I hope you can help with please:
Imagine 4 columns A B C D in column D you can have three letters X/Y/Z
if you place X in column D then column A cell will change Red, if you
put Y in column D then cell B will change Red and the same applies to Z
to...

Is this possible to do please...

Best regards from Alan

--
firefox
firefox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32397

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Firefox,

Look at Excel's Conditional Format featurr.

If you are not familiar with this feature, see Debra Dalgleish's tutorial
at:

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"firefox" wrote in
message ...

Good Morning Team,

I have a question on Excel, I hope you can help with please:
Imagine 4 columns A B C D in column D you can have three letters X/Y/Z
if you place X in column D then column A cell will change Red, if you
put Y in column D then cell B will change Red and the same applies to Z
to...

Is this possible to do please...

Best regards from Alan

--
firefox
firefox's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521645

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use conditional formatting, setting the condition for each column cell as
follows...

select A1 then choose Conditional Formatting from the Format menu option,
Condition 1 is set to "formula is" then in the formula box to the right
enter

=d1 = "X"

press the FORMAT button and set the format pattern RED

Repeat for cells B1 and C1, changing the formula entered to

=d1 = "Y" and =d1 = "Z" respectively.

If you now select A1 to C1 then copy down the rows as required.

--
Cheers
Nigel

"firefox" wrote in
message ...

Good Morning Team,

I have a question on Excel, I hope you can help with please:
Imagine 4 columns A B C D in column D you can have three letters X/Y/Z
if you place X in column D then column A cell will change Red, if you
put Y in column D then cell B will change Red and the same applies to Z
to...

Is this possible to do please...

Best regards from Alan

--
firefox
firefox's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521645

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nigel and Norman

Wow Thank you very much gentleman the information was good I now have
it all working...

Best regards from Alan