Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default Change the look of one of three columns from the control column

use conditional formatting, setting the condition for each column cell as
follows...

select A1 then choose Conditional Formatting from the Format menu option,
Condition 1 is set to "formula is" then in the formula box to the right
enter

=d1 = "X"

press the FORMAT button and set the format pattern RED

Repeat for cells B1 and C1, changing the formula entered to

=d1 = "Y" and =d1 = "Z" respectively.

If you now select A1 to C1 then copy down the rows as required.

--
Cheers
Nigel

"firefox" wrote in
message ...

Good Morning Team,

I have a question on Excel, I hope you can help with please:
Imagine 4 columns A B C D in column D you can have three letters X/Y/Z
if you place X in column D then column A cell will change Red, if you
put Y in column D then cell B will change Red and the same applies to Z
to...

Is this possible to do please...

Best regards from Alan

--