Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Prevent Screen from flicking from one place to the next

Hi,

I have a userform with a calculation on it. Once the user is satisfied
with the result they push a button and the results of the calculations
are copied from one sheet into a data list on another sheet.

The problem is that while excel is busy copying, pasting and clearing
the contents of cells ready for the next calculation, the user can see
all of this in the background as ranges are highlighted etc.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening so that the code still
executes but the user can't watch it happening?

Later on I'd also like to add a status bar to the form to show that
something is happening once the button has been clicked.

Thanks for any advice
Cheers

--
skuzapo
skuzapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27430

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

skuzapo,

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'your code
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"skuzapo" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

As for the statusbar

Application.StatusBar = "Hello There!"

Then, to reset it at the end of your code

Application.StatusBar = False

"skuzapo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Sorry - you said add a statusbar to the form. My suggestion would use Excels
statusbar at the bottom left of the screen.

"skuzapo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you very much for your useful input.
Cheers