Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default Prevent Screen from flicking from one place to the next

skuzapo,

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'your code
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"skuzapo" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I have a userform with a calculation on it. Once the user is satisfied
with the result they push a button and the results of the calculations
are copied from one sheet into a data list on another sheet.

The problem is that while excel is busy copying, pasting and clearing
the contents of cells ready for the next calculation, the user can see
all of this in the background as ranges are highlighted etc.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening so that the code still
executes but the user can't watch it happening?

Later on I'd also like to add a status bar to the form to show that
something is happening once the button has been clicked.

Thanks for any advice
Cheers

--
skuzapo