Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default prevent big white screen

hi all

I have complex excel sheet that does lots of calculations. It used to
take 3 minutes to run. Now I use "Application.Calculation =
xlCalculationManual" at the start and "Application.Calculation =
xlCalculationAutomatic" at the end and it takes 30 seconds to run.

The problem is, now while it is running a "total white screen"
appears, as if it is not responding at all. But after it finishes
running, it returns back to normal.

Any ideas how to get rid of or hide the white screen? Thanks,
sincerely
jon