Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programmatically determine Chart's data source

I want to loop through all of the embedded charts in a workbook and determine
the name of the source worksheet and the range of cells that make up the data
source for each chart. What's the syntax.
--
dr
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can do this easily. John Walkenbauch has a
method to obtain it from the charts' SERIES formulas. See the second
bulletted item at:

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd15.htm

A better way may be to maintain a relationship between charts and chart
series and worksheet indexes.

Regards,
Greg