Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA - How do I programmatically change source code in another file?

First of all, thanks to everyone who both asks questions and answers
them on this site. I have not had any training in Excel or VBA, so
this has been very useful to me.

I am using Excel 2000. I was hoping to create a simple spreadsheet
that just has a button that a user can click. (I use ActiveX objects).
This button would then find the other spreadsheet that the user has
open on their desktop, and make a coding fix to code that is stored in
one of it's modules. I know that the project (the macro code in the
modules) receiving the fix is password protected. The spreadsheet
itself is not password protected.

I need assistance with both the "find / replace" part for the coding
fix and the "password protection" part. I DO know the password, just
don't know how to get the project to be accessible to me.

I have found 'Find' and 'Replace' functions and methods, but they
don't appear to do what I need them to do.

Thanks for any ideas!

Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

do a google groups search on this group

microsoft.public.excel.programming

and

VBE Password SendKeys

You can also use that to look for the find/replace part as well.
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

Tom Ogilvy

om...