Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programmatically determine if a control is .VISIBLE or not.

How does one determine if a control (button) on a command bar (toolbar) is visible or not so it can be acted upon for an IF...THEN statement?

This bit works if the control is visible:
Visible = Application.CommandBars("PivotTable").Controls("Re fresh All").Visible

If the control is not visible then I get the following error:
Run-time error '5':
Invalid procedure call or argument

TIA!
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, good to see that I can stump some people :-)

Talked with a friend who's a VBA demi-god and here's what we got:
------------------------------------
Visible = isVisible("Refresh Data") 'Example of use
If Visible Then...

Function isVisible(sButton As String) As Boolean

On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
isVisible = Application.CommandBars("PivotTable").Controls(sBu tton).Visible
Exit Function

ErrorHandler:
isVisible = False
Exit Function
End Function

Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am surprised no-one gave you a response to such a simple question, but
looking back at it I see your original post mentioned 'Refresh All'. That
may be why.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips