Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is it possible to change the Input Range of a Form Control programmatically?

Is it possible to change the input range of a drop down box Form
Control programmatically?
I have a list of categories for user selection. The categories will be
obtained from a database through ODBC. The may be changed from time to
time. How can I change the input range of the drop down box?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dchow

The only way I can see to do it is to select the shape

Dim shp as Shape
Set shp = Sheet1.Shapes(1)
shp.Select
Selection.ListFillRange = "A1:A10"

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"dchow" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the input range of a drop down box Form
Control programmatically?
I have a list of categories for user selection. The categories will be
obtained from a database through ODBC. The may be changed from time to
time. How can I change the input range of the drop down box?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. That would work.
I took a different approach. I assigned a named range to the input
range. Then I can change the named range.