Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Register Calendar Control and Network Drive

I have a program that I want to be accessed by everyone in the office. I have
placed it in a folder on a network drive. The problem is that the program
uses the MS Calendar Control and apparently most of the computers in the
office don't have it registered.

On one of the computers that failed to load it, when I checked the userform
that normally contains the calendar control, it was blank. I fixed this
computer by:

1. Running Regsvr32 followed by the complete path. This was successful at
registering it.
2. Selecting the control through ToolsReferences in the VBE.
3. Adding it to the VBE Toolbox toolbar by right clicking and selecting
Additional Controls.
4. Placing and sizing the calendar control on the userform.

In view of the above, it is clearly not practical to do this for all the
computers in the office that may at some point want to use the program.

I placed a copy of MSCal.OCX in the same folder that contains the program
and the program points to this location - i.e. when I highlight the calendar
control listing in the Available References window (VBEToolsReferences) it
lists this path. I thought that doing this would avoid the problem. Obviously
not. Hoping someone has a bright suggestion.

Greg