Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Regsvr32 + calendar control + network drive = confusion

I developed a lab management program which I need to be network based. This
project has not as yet been implemented. A staff member had a look at it and
reported that it failed to load on their computer. From the description, I
believe this was because the computer could not load the MS Calendar control.
This is the only control other than textboxes in the project. Many computers
will need to access the program if/when it is implemented.

The workbook is located on a network drive and I placed a copy of the
mscal.ocx in the same folder. The project points to this path for the
calendar control - i.e. when you highlight the calendar control in the
Available References window through ToolsReferences it lists the folder
path. I registered the calendar control and established the folder path using
Regsvr32.

I thought that setting it up this way would avoid this problem. Apparently I
was wrong. Looking for guidance.

Greg