Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Remove or Edit a set of custom preferences for Excel

A friend helped me to set up some custom settings and toolbar sets on
Excel a few years ago. These are automatically applied whenever Excel
2000 opens. I would like to either remove these settings or edit them.
How can I do that?

Thanks, Carrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Toolbar customizations are stored in you .xlb file. User the search feature
of windows and find that file. rename it with a new extension to test if the
change is satisfactory.

To modify toolbars, go to Tools=customixe, then you can right click on a
menu bar/buttons and or use the 2nd tab in the cutomization dialog. As long
as the dialog displays, you can customize the menus. Close it to return to
using the menus.

If the changes were done in xl5 or xl95, this method will not work as the
customizations are specific to the workbook being opened.

Tom Ogilvy