Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to remove text edit from Autoshapes

Hello,

When we add an autoshape to excel and select "no fill" to colour, i can
reach the cell behind the autoshape so what i write in the autoshape is
written to the cell behind it. It is fine.

But, when i select the autoshape with right click and say "edit text" i can
not then change the cell behind it if i do not move the autoshape to another
place.

Is there any switch to turn "edit text" for the autoshapes?

thanks& Regards,

Veysel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SupperDuck wrote:

Hello,

When we add an autoshape to excel and select "no fill" to colour, i can
reach the cell behind the autoshape so what i write in the autoshape is
written to the cell behind it. It is fine.

What you "write in the autoshape" is NOT written to the cell behind it.
You are actually writing in the cell. You have made the Autoshape
transparent, and there is nothing in it. Edit text writes in the autoshape.

But, when i select the autoshape with right click and say "edit text" i can
not then change the cell behind it if i do not move the autoshape to another
place.

Is there any switch to turn "edit text" for the autoshapes?

thanks& Regards,

Veysel

You will need to decide whether you wish the text in the Cell, or in the
Autoshape. That is all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

But just guess that it has been made by mistake and i need to turn "edit
text" option off. I need the autoshape not to be written any thing when i
press on it...

Regards