Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default first day of the current month

I would like a cell to show the first day of the current month. For
example, today is Monday, February, 27, 2006. I would like the cell to show
Feb 1, 2006.

I tried

=month(now())

but it showed Jan 01, 1900.

I tried putting the =now() in one cell and then using =month(a1) where a1
referenced the cell with the now function with the same result as above.

Any suggestions?

Lila

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way:

=TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+1

Another:

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()), 1)

In article ,
"Lila" wrote:

I would like a cell to show the first day of the current month. For
example, today is Monday, February, 27, 2006. I would like the cell to show
Feb 1, 2006.

I tried

=month(now())

but it showed Jan 01, 1900.

I tried putting the =now() in one cell and then using =month(a1) where a1
referenced the cell with the now function with the same result as above.

Any suggestions?

Lila

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This requires the analysis toolpack addin (Tools Addins Analysis Toolpack).

=EOMONTH(NOW(), -1)+1
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Lila" wrote:

I would like a cell to show the first day of the current month. For
example, today is Monday, February, 27, 2006. I would like the cell to show
Feb 1, 2006.

I tried

=month(now())

but it showed Jan 01, 1900.

I tried putting the =now() in one cell and then using =month(a1) where a1
referenced the cell with the now function with the same result as above.

Any suggestions?

Lila

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wonderful! Thanks!