-   -   first day of the current month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/354504-first-day-current-month.html)

Lila

first day of the current month

I would like a cell to show the first day of the current month. For
example, today is Monday, February, 27, 2006. I would like the cell to show
Feb 1, 2006.

I tried

=month(now())

but it showed Jan 01, 1900.

I tried putting the =now() in one cell and then using =month(a1) where a1
referenced the cell with the now function with the same result as above.

Any suggestions?

Lila

Bob Phillips[_6_]

first day of the current month

=TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+1

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Lila" wrote in message
I would like a cell to show the first day of the current month. For
example, today is Monday, February, 27, 2006. I would like the cell to

show
Feb 1, 2006.

I tried

=month(now())

but it showed Jan 01, 1900.

I tried putting the =now() in one cell and then using =month(a1) where a1
referenced the cell with the now function with the same result as above.

Any suggestions?

Lila

JE McGimpsey

first day of the current month

One way:

=TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+1

Another:

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()), 1)

In article ,
"Lila" wrote:

I would like a cell to show the first day of the current month. For
example, today is Monday, February, 27, 2006. I would like the cell to show
Feb 1, 2006.

I tried

=month(now())

but it showed Jan 01, 1900.

I tried putting the =now() in one cell and then using =month(a1) where a1
referenced the cell with the now function with the same result as above.

Any suggestions?

Lila

Tom Ogilvy

"Lila" wrote in message
I would like a cell to show the first day of the current month. For
example, today is Monday, February, 27, 2006. I would like the cell to

show
Feb 1, 2006.

I tried

=month(now())

but it showed Jan 01, 1900.

I tried putting the =now() in one cell and then using =month(a1) where a1
referenced the cell with the now function with the same result as above.

Any suggestions?

Lila

Jim Thomlinson[_5_]

first day of the current month

This requires the analysis toolpack addin (Tools Addins Analysis Toolpack).

=EOMONTH(NOW(), -1)+1
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Lila" wrote:

I would like a cell to show the first day of the current month. For
example, today is Monday, February, 27, 2006. I would like the cell to show
Feb 1, 2006.

I tried

=month(now())

but it showed Jan 01, 1900.

I tried putting the =now() in one cell and then using =month(a1) where a1
referenced the cell with the now function with the same result as above.

Any suggestions?

Lila

Lila

first day of the current month