Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Integrating Outlook, Word, Excel macros

I posted this in the Outlook forum, but the replies in here always tend to be
genius, so I thought I'd post it here as well.

attachment in word. Run a macro called Acknowledgements (specifically
Daily.Acknowledgements). I then open up excel and run another macro called
AcknowledgementsXL (MainCaller.AcknowledgementsXL). I want to create a macro
that will do all of these steps when the email comes into my outlook or. Is
it possible?
Details:
Every day I get an email from " with the
subject line of "PO Acknowledgement Report from Carrier". This file
contains an Attachment Titled "POAC.rtf"

Any Help would be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure what you want to do here - so far you describe receiving an email,
acknowledge it (presumably another email?) and open an attachment - What has
Excel go to do with it?

Sounds like you could set put an in-box rule to acknowledge the email, you
could run the word application but just opening the attachment in an
automatic sense does not make sense -- presumably you want to edit, read or
otherwise do something with it?

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Mike" wrote in message
I posted this in the Outlook forum, but the replies in here always tend to

be
genius, so I thought I'd post it here as well.

attachment in word. Run a macro called Acknowledgements (specifically
Daily.Acknowledgements). I then open up excel and run another macro

called
AcknowledgementsXL (MainCaller.AcknowledgementsXL). I want to create a

macro
that will do all of these steps when the email comes into my outlook or.

Is
it possible?
Details:
Every day I get an email from " with the
subject line of "PO Acknowledgement Report from Carrier". This file
contains an Attachment Titled "POAC.rtf"

Any Help would be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike

See
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olRetrieving.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mike" wrote in message ...
I posted this in the Outlook forum, but the replies in here always tend to be
genius, so I thought I'd post it here as well.

attachment in word. Run a macro called Acknowledgements (specifically
Daily.Acknowledgements). I then open up excel and run another macro called
AcknowledgementsXL (MainCaller.AcknowledgementsXL). I want to create a macro
that will do all of these steps when the email comes into my outlook or. Is
it possible?
Details:
Every day I get an email from " with the
subject line of "PO Acknowledgement Report from Carrier". This file
contains an Attachment Titled "POAC.rtf"

Any Help would be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'll look into this... Your how to email using CDO article was an absolute
lifesave. Thought I should let you know. Thanks! One more question... The
only reason word is involved is because the attachment opens in word. The
word macro simply saves the attachment as .txt (originally .rtf) and saves it
to a place that I can find it in excel. Is there a way to bypass word saving
it as .txt?

"Mike" wrote in message ...
I posted this in the Outlook forum, but the replies in here always tend to be
genius, so I thought I'd post it here as well.

attachment in word. Run a macro called Acknowledgements (specifically
Daily.Acknowledgements). I then open up excel and run another macro called
AcknowledgementsXL (MainCaller.AcknowledgementsXL). I want to create a macro
that will do all of these steps when the email comes into my outlook or. Is
it possible?
Details:
Every day I get an email from " with the
subject line of "PO Acknowledgement Report from Carrier". This file
contains an Attachment Titled "POAC.rtf"

Any Help would be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike

Your how to email using CDO article was an absolute lifesave.

Thanks

I don't think you can do it without Word as far as I know

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl