Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Integrating Excel with Windows Security

Hi,

I have a potential job where I would have to create a relatively complex
Excel workbook with some user controls (Command Buttons, List Boxes) and some
VBA behind these controls. I will have to implement some form of security so
that certain functions are only available to users with appropriate
permissions.

I know that I can lock and password protect individual cells in Excel. I
was just wondering if there is any way I can take this a step farther and
integrate it with Windows security. For example, if I have a Windows group
named "Engineers", is there a way in Excel I can limit access to certain
cells and controls only to members of the "Engineers" group.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

--
Paul Kraemer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is "Windows security"?

My guess is WMI or a registry check should be able to do this. Do any
of these links help?

http://my.advisor.com/doc/08691
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Prog..._22947927.html

--JP