Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disabling worksheet_change when deleting rows . .

Ok, Here's another one . .

I am using Application.CutCopyMode = 0 and it properly disables the
events inside worksheet_change()

However, when I delete rows with the menu delete, it is triggering
events in the worksheet_change() function in the sheet.

How do I disable worksheet_change() when we delete rows?

Thanks!
Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe if
Target.Columns.count = 256
you could ignore the event. Not sure what your code is meant to catch, so
that may or may not work in your case.

Tim.

"Adam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, Here's another one . .

I am using Application.CutCopyMode = 0 and it properly disables the
events inside worksheet_change()

However, when I delete rows with the menu delete, it is triggering
events in the worksheet_change() function in the sheet.

How do I disable worksheet_change() when we delete rows?

Thanks!
Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmm . . Can't see how I can make that work.

I will elaborate on the problem. Here's what I need to do.

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("W:W")) Is Nothing Then
If Application.CutCopyMode = 0 Then
If <* Condition to check row deletes * = 0 Then
<< Event

I need to know how to write the <* Condition to check row deletes *
If a row is being deleted then don't trigger the event.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My suggestion was that if "Target" is a full row then don't do anything.

If Target.Columns.Count=256 and Target.Rows.Count=1 then
'do nothing
else
'event
End If

....but since I'm not sure waht you're trying to track with the change event
I can't know if that would work for you. Either deleting or inserting a row
would hit the "do nothing"

Tim.

oups.com...