Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MWS MWS is offline

Default vbModeless Question

By design, I have a splash screen being displayed while data is being
formatted in my program - this is purely cosmetic, since I wanted the user to
not view the "flashing" of the screen as the code executed. The splashscreen
is displayed via:

frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless

The issue I'm having is, when the splash is displayed, it is all white. In
design mode you can see the clored background and the label, but when it's
executed, the splash is all white. I thought maybe there was a property I
would have to change due to the "vbmodeless", but I'm completely puzzled.

Can anyone tell me how to rectify this situation?

Any and All Help Will Be Appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can suppress the flashing of the screen by adding

Application.screenupdating = false

at the beginning of the code and

Application.screenupdating = true

at the end. I don't know if this removes your need for a splash screen, but
just for your reference. so if the code takes a while to execute you could
just unhide and select a sheet with your message on it kinda like this

sub DoYourStuff
on error goto ErrorHandler
with sheets("Wait Message")
.visible = xlVisible
.select
end with
application.screenupdating = false
'Do your stuff here
ErrorHandler:
sheets("Wait Message").visible = xlVeryHidden
application.screenupdating = true
End sub
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MWS" wrote:

By design, I have a splash screen being displayed while data is being
formatted in my program - this is purely cosmetic, since I wanted the user to
not view the "flashing" of the screen as the code executed. The splashscreen
is displayed via:

frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless

The issue I'm having is, when the splash is displayed, it is all white. In
design mode you can see the clored background and the label, but when it's
executed, the splash is all white. I thought maybe there was a property I
would have to change due to the "vbmodeless", but I'm completely puzzled.

Can anyone tell me how to rectify this situation?

Any and All Help Will Be Appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Issue a doevents right after displaying it

frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless
doevents

--
Regards
Tom Ogilvy

"MWS" wrote in message
By design, I have a splash screen being displayed while data is being
formatted in my program - this is purely cosmetic, since I wanted the user

not view the "flashing" of the screen as the code executed. The

splashscreen
is displayed via:

frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless

The issue I'm having is, when the splash is displayed, it is all white. In
design mode you can see the clored background and the label, but when it's
executed, the splash is all white. I thought maybe there was a property I
would have to change due to the "vbmodeless", but I'm completely puzzled.

Can anyone tell me how to rectify this situation?

Any and All Help Will Be Appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ben ben is offline

also

frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless
application.doevents

try that

--
When you lose your mind, you free your life.

"MWS" wrote:

By design, I have a splash screen being displayed while data is being
formatted in my program - this is purely cosmetic, since I wanted the user to
not view the "flashing" of the screen as the code executed. The splashscreen
is displayed via:

frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless

The issue I'm having is, when the splash is displayed, it is all white. In
design mode you can see the clored background and the label, but when it's
executed, the splash is all white. I thought maybe there was a property I
would have to change due to the "vbmodeless", but I'm completely puzzled.

Can anyone tell me how to rectify this situation?

Any and All Help Will Be Appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello MWS,

Another trick is to repaint the UserForm...

frmOpportunitySplash.RePaint

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross

Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509500

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MWS MWS is offline

Thank You for Your Help - I Appreciate It!!!!

"MWS" wrote in message
By design, I have a splash screen being displayed while data is being
formatted in my program - this is purely cosmetic, since I wanted the user

not view the "flashing" of the screen as the code executed. The

splashscreen
is displayed via:

frmOpportunitySplash.Show vbModeless

The issue I'm having is, when the splash is displayed, it is all white. In
design mode you can see the clored background and the label, but when it's
executed, the splash is all white. I thought maybe there was a property I
would have to change due to the "vbmodeless", but I'm completely puzzled.

Can anyone tell me how to rectify this situation?

Any and All Help Will Be Appreciated

Help with vbModeless systematic[_4_] Excel Programming 5 July 19th 05 12:35 AM
vbModeless user form crashes Excel Plutopotamus Excel Programming 2 January 28th 05 03:19 PM
VBmodeless Harald Staff Excel Programming 5 June 26th 04 03:55 PM
VBmodeless jeffP Excel Programming 0 June 25th 04 05:12 AM
VBmodeless No Name Excel Programming 0 June 23rd 04 11:55 PM