Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default is it possible to covert formula commands from english to german?

Hi,
Is it possible to convert "all" English formula commands in an excel
workbook say to German via macro programming in one go?. I already have the
conversion table (including all translations) in an excel sheet but need to
automate the process by macro programming.
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cant be done and not needed.

internally all functions are stored in english (in the formular1c1
property). however to the user all functions are ALWAYS presented via
the formulaLOCAL property and that is solely depending on the installed
excel language version of the user.

Thus excel sheets can be used in many language versions,
and NO manual translation of formulas is necessary, with following
exceptions:

functions with "string" arguments.
If the string args are in english all languages can work with them.
Eg. =CELL("filename",a1) = =ZELLE("filename",a1) OK
BUT =ZELLE("DateiName",a1) =CELL("DateiName",a1) will NOT WORK.

functions from certain addins (the Analysis Toolpak!) will not
translate. the ATP uses localized function names and these
must be translated in order to work.

To translate individual formulas (from websites or this ng, or to
communicate with foreign colleagues or customers) I've developed
an addin. This includes a routine for the translation of ATP functions
mentioned earlier.

it's called translateIT
http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

have a look at the code. probably a trifle more complicated
than what you'd expected.

--
keepITcool

J_J wrote :

Hi,
Is it possible to convert "all" English formula commands in an excel
workbook say to German via macro programming in one go?. I already
have the conversion table (including all translations) in an excel
sheet but need to automate the process by macro programming. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks keepITcool,
For the detailed and descriptive answer.
Unfortunately the "german language" was just a language name used and the
original language I was after is something else...
But thanks for the rest.
J_J

.com...