Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Writing Data to a Existing Word Doc.

I need to write the data that is calculated from my excel document to an
existing Word document.

I have an already formated blank Word document (i.e. it has a company
heading and logo, names, addresses etc) and each time a new calculation
is run in my excel document the user has the option of exporting the
details to the blank word doc.

I know this request is a bit general but I was wondering if anyone cold
give me any pointers.

Best Regards,

Aaron

--
Aaron1978
Aaron1978's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31201

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You will need to reference the word object library from excel but after
that it is all about controlling word objects for which you probably
get better advice on a Word site, even though the code will end up in
Excel module.

Hope this helps you to get an answer.

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a good starter document:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307216/en-us
How to use Automation with Word 2002

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/253235/en-us
OFFAUTMN.exe discusses Office 97 and 2000 Automation and provides sample
code

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260410/en-us
Microsoft Office 2000 automation Help file is available in the Download
Center

Tom Ogilvy

"Aaron1978" wrote
in message ...