Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File opens as worksheet.xls:1 and worksheet.xls:2. Only one exist

Without explanation I have 2 different files that whenever I open them in
Excel, 2 workbooks open, both with the same name. I can switch between the 2,
and changes to the one are refleceted in the other. I can't figure out how to
get back to just a single instance of the workbook.
--
Thanks MUCH!
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

This is the result of Window | New.

To remove the extraneous window, click the X close button at the top right
of the document window - not the Excel window!

---
Regards,
Norman

"Dave the wave" wrote in message
Without explanation I have 2 different files that whenever I open them in
Excel, 2 workbooks open, both with the same name. I can switch between the
2,
and changes to the one are refleceted in the other. I can't figure out how
get back to just a single instance of the workbook.
--
Thanks MUCH!
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MDW MDW is offline

Close one. Save the file. Re-open. Should be fixed.

This can generally be re-created by openeing any file, choosing Windows
New Window, and then saving it.
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

"Dave the wave" wrote:

Without explanation I have 2 different files that whenever I open them in
Excel, 2 workbooks open, both with the same name. I can switch between the 2,
and changes to the one are refleceted in the other. I can't figure out how to
get back to just a single instance of the workbook.
--
Thanks MUCH!
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the window that you don't want.
hit ctrl-w
save the workbook or you'll have to do it again next time.

Dave the wave wrote:

Without explanation I have 2 different files that whenever I open them in
Excel, 2 workbooks open, both with the same name. I can switch between the 2,
and changes to the one are refleceted in the other. I can't figure out how to
get back to just a single instance of the workbook.
--
Thanks MUCH!
Dave

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Norman Jones" wrote in
:

Hi Dave,

This is the result of Window | New.

To remove the extraneous window, click the X close button at the top
right of the document window - not the Excel window!

---
Regards,
Norman

"Dave the wave" wrote in
message ...
Without explanation I have 2 different files that whenever I open
them in Excel, 2 workbooks open, both with the same name. I can
switch between the 2,
and changes to the one are refleceted in the other. I can't figure
out how to
get back to just a single instance of the workbook.
--
Thanks MUCH!
Dave

Clicking the "close" button for one of the workbooks did the trick.

Thanks much for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

Clicking the "close" button for one of the workbooks did the trick.

Good - but note Dave Peterson's advice about saving the file!

---
Regards,
Norman