Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave the Wave Dave the Wave is offline

Default File opens as worksheet.xls:1 and worksheet.xls:2. Only one exist

"Norman Jones" wrote in
:

Hi Dave,

This is the result of Window | New.

To remove the extraneous window, click the X close button at the top
right of the document window - not the Excel window!

---
Regards,
Norman

"Dave the wave" wrote in
message ...
Without explanation I have 2 different files that whenever I open
them in Excel, 2 workbooks open, both with the same name. I can
switch between the 2,
and changes to the one are refleceted in the other. I can't figure
out how to
get back to just a single instance of the workbook.
--
Thanks MUCH!
Dave

Clicking the "close" button for one of the workbooks did the trick.

Thanks much for your help.