Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unprotect shared worksheet

Hi All,

I created a protected worksheet in a shared workbook in order to allow the
users accessing only certain cells, but in macros I should like to change
some locked cells. Unfortunately XL2000 doesn't allow UnProtect method in a
shared workbook.
What can I do to fulfil both requirements (sharing and unprotecting)
simultaneously?

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't.

You have to make a choice.

If you drop the sharing, you can protect the worksheet with
userinterfaceonly:=true--so your macro can change things that the user can't.

But this setting doesn't stick after you close the workbook and reopen it. You
have to change the protection when the workbook is reopened. And sharing the
workbook kills that, too.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Dave, I'm not happy, but the question is cleared!
Regards,
Stefi

€˛Dave Peterson€¯ ezt Ć*rta: