-   -   Unprotect shared worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/350887-unprotect-shared-worksheet.html)

Stefi

Unprotect shared worksheet

Hi All,

I created a protected worksheet in a shared workbook in order to allow the
users accessing only certain cells, but in macros I should like to change
some locked cells. Unfortunately XL2000 doesn't allow UnProtect method in a
shared workbook.
What can I do to fulfil both requirements (sharing and unprotecting)
simultaneously?

Thanks,
Stefi

Dave Peterson

Unprotect shared worksheet

You can't.

You have to make a choice.

If you drop the sharing, you can protect the worksheet with
userinterfaceonly:=true--so your macro can change things that the user can't.

But this setting doesn't stick after you close the workbook and reopen it. You
have to change the protection when the workbook is reopened. And sharing the
workbook kills that, too.

--

Dave Peterson

Stefi

Unprotect shared worksheet

Thanks Dave, I'm not happy, but the question is cleared!
Regards,
Stefi

€˛Dave Peterson€¯ ezt Ć*rta: