Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mrt mrt is offline

Default Excel formula to return a blank cell

Hello,

I have a column (say A), and next to that column, I create a column of
formulas using
= If(Type(A1)<2 and A10, 1, "")

the problem is that "" is not a numerical format and I need a numerical
format. Is there a value that would generate an empty cell that is not in
string format?

Thanks,

Mr T

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way:

Instead of "", you could use a zero without quotes. Then set your worksheet
so that it does not display zero values. This is done in Tools-Options. On
the View tab, uncheck "zero values".

HTH,
Paul

"MrT" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a column (say A), and next to that column, I create a column of
formulas using
= If(Type(A1)<2 and A10, 1, "")

the problem is that "" is not a numerical format and I need a numerical
format. Is there a value that would generate an empty cell that is not in
string format?

Thanks,

Mr T

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mrt mrt is offline

Thanks. That's interesting, but is not satisfactory in my case: I need to
reuse the values issued from the formulas to compute stats. Zeroes would
false the result. Is there any other solution?