Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default execute a macro

I've exported the results of a parametric query in an excel file (I've setup
the file and the spreadsheet)
Then I've built a macro that replace some words with others..then I've built
a pivot table and I've copied and paste it on another excel file .Of course
the above macro can't be attached to the excel file because it changes
everytime I update the query so it deletes itself .So I've had the idea of
export the results of the query in the excel file then close it and put the
macro I've built on the third excel file..
is it possible to execute a macro on a file that it's closed ??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No. But you have a workbook that automatically opens when Excel opens,
Personal.xls, and it stays hidden so it doesn't get in the way.

Go to ToolMacroRecord New Macro, and select Personal Macro Workbook from
the dropdown in the dialog, then OK. Immediately click the Stop button, and
you will have a Personal.xls. You can copy your macro into there.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips