Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to change the font size of Data Validation in drop-down menu?

I need to increase the font size for my text menus that I have made with Data
Validation function. How can I do that, as the users can not read such small
font?
Thanks,
Dori
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dori,

The font size in a data validation list cannot be changed but see Debra
Dalgleish's suggested workaround at:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font

---
Regards,
Norman

"DORI" wrote in message
I need to increase the font size for my text menus that I have made with
Data
Validation function. How can I do that, as the users can not read such
small
font?
Thanks,
Dori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Guys, I have a question on this too. I followed tha instructions in the
given article, and it works as described, but I have the following problems:
I have my drop-down values in cells in a separate workshhet, each range
having a name.
The code .ListFillRange = ws.Range(str).Address doesn't work in this case.
It only seems to work if the cell ranges containing the drop down list values
are on the same sheet as the drop down list associated with them. How do I
get around this, without having to move my lists?
Also, I have a drop down list containing the characters '1', '2', '3' and
'4' in cells formatted as 'General'. (These are on the same sheet as the drop
down list). Depending on which is selected, I'm using code to change the
internal colour of a selection of cells to aid data input by the user.
When a combobox is employed as per the instuctions given in the link, the
cell is populated with a '1', but Excel complains that this is text. Only
when I convert the contents of the cell to 'number', does my code continue to
work.
How do I get the combobox to place a 1-4 into the cell, in the same way that
the normal drop down list does? Even using the code to check for 1 Or "1"
doesn't work, nor does CStr(Range("$E$12").Value) = "1".
Any ideas?!