Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Synchronizing development + production workbooks

Hi All

I've started adding code to Excel Workbooks that are regularly used to help
automate certain data entry tasks. In order to prevent collisions, I edit
and test my code in a copy of the "live" workbook. When I'm ready to release
the latest version, I need to synchronize the content of the workbooks
(because new data have been added to the "live" book). What's the best
(easiest) way to do this? at the moment I'm deleting each of the forms and
modules in the live book and then copying them in from the development book,
but it's a lot of clicking and dragging.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dennis,

Why not put the code in an addin and have all the workbooks call the addin
code?

See Jan Karel Pieterse's tutorial on creating and distributing an addin at:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro02.htm

---
Regards,
Norman