Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Synchronizing development + production workbooks

Hi Dennis,

Why not put the code in an addin and have all the workbooks call the addin
code?

See Jan Karel Pieterse's tutorial on creating and distributing an addin at:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro02.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"Dennis Benjamin" wrote in message
Hi All

I've started adding code to Excel Workbooks that are regularly used to
help automate certain data entry tasks. In order to prevent collisions, I
edit and test my code in a copy of the "live" workbook. When I'm ready to
release the latest version, I need to synchronize the content of the
workbooks (because new data have been added to the "live" book). What's
the best (easiest) way to do this? at the moment I'm deleting each of the
forms and modules in the live book and then copying them in from the
development book, but it's a lot of clicking and dragging.

Thanks!