Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula to write a value into a different cell.

I need a formula in one cell that, under certain conditions (and IF
statement), writes the value of one cell into another cell. In this case, I
can't use a macro. Anyone done this sort of thing before?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=if(B210, C2, D2)

This formula (placed in A2 or ???) will look at the value in Cell B2. If B2
is greater than 10 then it returns the value of C2 else it returns the value
of D2...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mr. Clean" wrote:

I need a formula in one cell that, under certain conditions (and IF
statement), writes the value of one cell into another cell. In this case, I
can't use a macro. Anyone done this sort of thing before?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something like this in say B1?

=IF(A110,H1,"")

which tests cell A1, and if the value is greater than 10, stores the
contents of H1 in cell B1, otherwise it stores an empty string.

--

HTH

RP

"Mr. Clean" wrote in message
I need a formula in one cell that, under certain conditions (and IF
statement), writes the value of one cell into another cell. In this case,

can't use a macro. Anyone done this sort of thing before?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim, thanks for the QUICK reply. What I really need is a formula in a cell,
say A1, that tests another cell, say B2, and if the test passes, copies the
contents of B2 to cell C3.