Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CTrophyMan

Default how do I write a formula: if (cell address) is less than X add Y

I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a
condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount, i.e.
$7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=a1+MAX(7.5,a2)

--

HTH

RP

"CTrophyMan" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a
condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount, i.e.
$7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

=A1+(MAX(7.5,B1))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"CTrophyMan" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a
condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount, i.e.
$7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Sheppard

CTrophyMan Wrote:
I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with
condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount,
i.e.
$7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second
cell.

Hi CTrophyMan

Assuming your values to be in cells A1 & B1 in C1 use this formula

=IF(B1<7.5,A1+7.5,A1+B1)

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783