Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Renaming rows and columns

I was wondering if there is a way to mask the names or the rows and
columns (at the top...A B C...and the side...1 2 3... into something
like "Reports" or a different letter/number) but I still want the
proper names to be what formulas and macros reference.

The reason why is that I have a sheet that many users will be using and
i have merged the sensitive cells onto each other, so at the top, the
lettering goes, A B C D E F G H I R S T U V etc. and I don't want
anybody wondering what is there and unmerging the cells and damaging
the formulas.

Thank You!

--
Osyris
Osyris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29435

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The best you could do is hide the row and column labels, then in row1 and
column 1, format the cells to look like the labels you want.

Tom Ogilvy

"Osyris" wrote in
message ...