Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter

Default Renaming Columns

I was wondering if it was possible to rename the columns. For example,
changing "A" to "Dollars" and "B" to "Hours". If possible how can this be
done and also how can you print with the columns showing because usually the
rows and columns don't show up when printing.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pauwl

Peter,

go to File..Page Setup then to the SHEET tab. Here you can select "Row and
Column Headings" under PRINT. The headings will appear then when you print.

regards,

PauwlL

"Peter" wrote:

I was wondering if it was possible to rename the columns. For example,
changing "A" to "Dollars" and "B" to "Hours". If possible how can this be
done and also how can you print with the columns showing because usually the
rows and columns don't show up when printing.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Peter

Normally you would enter your required headings in the first row or rows,
then in File, Page Setup, Sheet, set the Rows to Repeat at Top.

Chech the intended print via Print Preview before committing to paper.

"Peter" wrote:

I was wondering if it was possible to rename the columns. For example,
changing "A" to "Dollars" and "B" to "Hours". If possible how can this be
done and also how can you print with the columns showing because usually the
rows and columns don't show up when printing.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter

Yes, normally I would enter my headings in the first row, unfortunately
because of a formula I cannot enter anything in the first row. So is it
possible to change the name of columns with entering them in the first row?

Thanks.

"Peter" wrote:

I was wondering if it was possible to rename the columns. For example,
changing "A" to "Dollars" and "B" to "Hours". If possible how can this be
done and also how can you print with the columns showing because usually the
rows and columns don't show up when printing.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Peter,

I would've thought that inserting a new Row 1 would adjust all formula
except for VBA code, however, another method to achieve is via File, Page
Setup, Header/Footer and set the Left, Middle, and Right headers with the
required words.

Not quite column-self-aligning, but should work for you.