Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Timewalker

Default renaming columns

I made Excel into a song catalogue, all my songs (665, 19 pages) are
there. I'm using A1-E1 for Title, Artist, album, Genre, and Length.
However, I'd like to make Column A into Title, B into Artist, etc. That
way the numbering would be correct, and I could put on Row and Column to
print as well. Is it possible?

--
Timewalker
Timewalker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31376

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

No but you could insert a new row 1 and enter Title, Artist, etc in each
cell
The next step is for viewing: click on the 2 row header and use command
Window|Freeze Panes
This lets you scroll up and down but always see row 1
And for printing: use File|Page Setup; open Sheet tab and set row 1 to be
printed at top of each (paper) page
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Timewalker" wrote
in message ...

I made Excel into a song catalogue, all my songs (665, 19 pages) are
there. I'm using A1-E1 for Title, Artist, album, Genre, and Length.
However, I'd like to make Column A into Title, B into Artist, etc. That
way the numbering would be correct, and I could put on Row and Column to
print as well. Is it possible?

--
Timewalker
Timewalker's Profile: