Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a formula to AUTOMATICALLY highlight a specific month

I have an Excel spreadsheet and in it I enter dates (creating ledgers). We
highlight (manually) each line of data containing the March balances.

I'd love to use conditional formatting to do this for me, but can't figure
out how. The only thing I want it to be able to do is highlight
(pattern=yellow) any and every cell that contains the month march (it will
only be entered as a date code, so month=3).

Thanks
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tried this (no luck). Dates are complete (yyyy-mm-dd), but formatted to show
as only (mmm-yy).

tried to apply a conditional formatting formula, but either it highlighted
everything, or just nothing. Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try inputting a formula in the conditional formatting =month(a1)=3
If it works copy and paste formatting only to relevant cells

--
JMKC
JMKCT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2939