Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to Protect my code without anybody seeing

Hi, I have written a VBA program in Excel 2003. For Protext my right, how to
protect my code? Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) In the Visual Basic window click Tools, VBAProject Properties,
Protection.
2) Make sure the checkbox to lock the project from viewing is checked.
3) Enter your password where required.
4) Make sure you store you password somewhere that you can find it. You can
pay to retrieve the password but, I doubt its cheap.

Adding "Option Private Module" to all modules will prevent users seeing
individual Sub names.

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi, I have written a VBA program in Excel 2003. For Protext my right, how
to protect my code? Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Terry:

In the VBE,

Tools | Properties | Protection | Check 'Lock project for viewing | add a
password | Save and close the file

Note, however, that this protection is largely illusory: it can readily be
circumvented by a knowledgeable user or, indeed, by anyone able and willing
to Google.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi, I have written a VBA program in Excel 2003. For Protext my right, how
to protect my code? Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Norman,
Can you please explain how somebody can circumvent / google this
method?
I am asking this for academic interest. No foul intention...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Vikesh,

Performing a Google search based on the keywords VBA + Password should
provide a wealth of material.

However, for a more rigorous discussion of passwords, see JE McGimpsey at:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

and

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"Vikesh Jain" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Norman,
Can you please explain how somebody can circumvent / google this
method?
I am asking this for academic interest. No foul intention...

Can protect worksheet then workbook but not Protect and Share in code [email protected] Excel Programming 7 January 16th 17 07:01 AM
protect VB-code mohavv Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 2nd 07 10:20 PM
What is the best way to protect VBA code Daniel CHEN Excel Programming 2 July 19th 05 08:52 AM
Protect Code Mike Excel Programming 4 January 5th 04 01:48 AM
Protect Code JC[_7_] Excel Programming 4 November 25th 03 03:52 PM