Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What is the best way to protect VBA code

I have spreadsheet application and want to protect the VBA code. I know how
to use password to protect it, but the password is pretty easy to be cracked
(use commerical software).

It there another way to protect the code and make it difficult to crack?

Thanks a lot for your great help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not to my knowledge. You must create a COM addin or develop it as a VB
application.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Daniel CHEN" wrote in message
I have spreadsheet application and want to protect the VBA code. I know

how
to use password to protect it, but the password is pretty easy to be

cracked
(use commerical software).

It there another way to protect the code and make it difficult to crack?

Thanks a lot for your great help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Daniel CHEN wrote:
I have spreadsheet application and want to protect the VBA code. I know how
to use password to protect it, but the password is pretty easy to be cracked
(use commerical software).

It there another way to protect the code and make it difficult to crack?

i don't know it, either.
the protection of vba-project doesn't encrypt source code.
(excel's file protection doesn't encrypt it, too)
the flag of protection is only hoisted.
it is easily removed by something like one line of perl
without any analysis.

how about making DLLs for the main part of the application
from other tools which produce machine code (c++, vb, etc),
and vba procedures for calling DLLs?
however, still it is possible to crack. we shouldn't put
secret things in a software which will be distributed.

--
HTH

okaizawa

protect VB-code mohavv Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 2nd 07 10:20 PM
Protect code Pat Excel Programming 1 January 11th 05 06:07 PM
password protect vba code greg Excel Programming 3 December 8th 04 04:03 PM
Protect Code Mike Excel Programming 4 January 5th 04 01:48 AM
Protect Code JC[_7_] Excel Programming 4 November 25th 03 03:52 PM