Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protect Code

Hi...

I've written loads of juicey code but want to protect it
from users hitting alt+f11 and nicking it? And if I
disabled alt+f11 how would I get back into it...Helk in VB
editor not too helpful...

JC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JC, To protect the VBA project, from your workbook right-click the
workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File"
menu this will open the VBA editor, in the left hand window right click on
your workbook name and select VBA project properties, protection, check lock
project for viewing and set a password. Press Alt and Q to close this window
and go back to your workbook and save and close the file
--
Paul B
Using Excel 97 & 2000

"JC" wrote in message
Hi...

I've written loads of juicey code but want to protect it
from users hitting alt+f11 and nicking it? And if I
disabled alt+f11 how would I get back into it...Helk in VB
editor not too helpful...

JC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

n the VBE select Tools/VBA Project Properties to open the
properties window. Select the Protection tab. Check the
Lock fro viewing box and add a pasword. Use a long
password ( at least 10 characters) and use letters,
numbers and punctuation.

"ABC" is easy to crack

abC!D_45?7alPaka may take a while

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

I've written loads of juicey code but want to protect it
from users hitting alt+f11 and nicking it? And if I
disabled alt+f11 how would I get back into it...Helk in

VB
editor not too helpful...

JC
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hey, so far so good.
but in case you do an ...SaveAs ...
FileFormat:=xlExcel4Workbook ... you get an error 1004.
This error you won't get with an unprotected project.

Does someone know how to make a copy of the original
workbook (in vb), without copying the macros ?

or

how to unprotect the VBProject-Objekt (in vb).

thank you guys
manfred