Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I code a print module to duplex?

I am writing a VB Sub and I want to tell Excel to duplex my print job. Is
there code like "ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Duplex = 1"? ".Duplex" does not work.
Also is there something to tell Excel which printer tray to use?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good evening reddington2001

Duplex printing cannot be handled by all printers. It is a printer
setting rather than an excel setting, so if the printer can't do it,
you're stuck. A routine is available that will allow you to print odd
pages, reinsert them into the printer and print the even pages, a kind
of poor man's duplex, which is pretty much the only alternative if your
printer won't handle it.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd

Changing the tray is the same type of thing - a printer driver setting,
though you could control it through the Sendkeys command, though it's
hardly ideal. However I have set a HP Laserjet to print to tray 2
(default is tray 3) and then saved the file and it has apeared to save
that setting, but I'll have to investigate that a little more .

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb