Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to count the number of cell changed since yesterday?

Hi, I'm newbie with vb. Here what I would like to do:
I would like to know the number of cell changed since yesterday in a
column.
Seems simple but I don't know where to start with.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use something similar to the below. it uses the
Worksheet_Change() event and increments B1 each time something is changed in
ColumnA

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Columns("A:A")) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("B1").Value = Range("B1").Value + 1
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
www.nickhodge.co.uk
HIS

"magickarle" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I'm newbie with vb. Here what I would like to do:
I would like to know the number of cell changed since yesterday in a
column.
Seems simple but I don't know where to start with.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. I tried it but it gives me an execution error 424 on line 2 (If
Not Application.Intersect(Target, Columns("D:D")) Is Nothing Then
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Did you put the macro in the right place?
In the vb editor, double click the appropriate sheet name listed with
your project. Paste the macro into the window that appears (the module
for that sheet).

regards
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok I've put it in sheet1 which contains the data.
The D column contains a drop-down list with 1;2;3 so the user can
choose: Called one, called twice or called 3 times

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes. I've put it in sheet1 which contains the data.
The D column contains a drop-down list with 1;2;3 so the user can
choose: Called one, called twice or called 3 times
same issue.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, I've send you an email with file attatchment. Did you find where
this error was comming from?
Thanks again for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, I don't get the error message anymore but I doesn't add 1 to the
cell.
the security is @ medium n the VBscript is in the right sheet.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've found the problem, I got to close excell n reopen it. It seems
that it get stuck somewhere.