Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Cahoon

Default I need to keep a count of the times a cell is changed

I have a cell that contains a date of which something was last used. Is
there anyway that everytime I change that date, I have another cell that
keeps a count of that? For instance if A1 contains 8/28/2005. . .this is the
first instance so therefore B1 contains 1. If I change A1 to 9/28/2005 then
B1 would automatically add 1 to its count so it now shows 2. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Hi Paul,

Yo can do this with a Change event procedure (change cell references "A1"
and "B1" as you need them):

If Target.Address(False, False) = "A1" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("B1") = Range("B1") + 1
Application.EnableEvents = True

Stefi

€˛Paul Cahoon€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have a cell that contains a date of which something was last used. Is
there anyway that everytime I change that date, I have another cell that
keeps a count of that? For instance if A1 contains 8/28/2005. . .this is the
first instance so therefore B1 contains 1. If I change A1 to 9/28/2005 then
B1 would automatically add 1 to its count so it now shows 2. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Cahoon

I guess this is some type of VB code. I really don't know much about using
that. Can you point me in the right direction?