Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Toggling between a macro running a "Form" and Excel

I am reposting my question to see if anybody can tell me if it is possible to
toggle between a macro running a "Form" and Excel. The comments below are
from my previous post.

thanks

Toggling between the VB window and the xl spread sheet is not a problem.
When my vb code launches a "Form"--which manipulates the xl spreadsheet, I
can not toggle between the "Form" and the xl sheet. I would like to manually
manipulate the xl sheet w/o exiting from the "Form".

"Brad" wrote:

If you are in break mode there are two ways to do this.

if you have Excel2000 or newer, VB will be in another window, so you can
arrange the windows to see both the Excel sheet and the VB window

If you have 97 I believe you can use Alt+F11 to toggle back and forth.

I hope that is helpful

"ecpl_3" wrote:

Hi,
Is is possible to run a macro and while that macro is active toggle to the
XL woorkbook without stoping the macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The ShowModal property of a form determines if it takes focus until it is
closed or if you can toggle between it and other windows. Set the UserForm's
ShowModal property to False and I think you will be able to do what you want.
--
- K Dales

"ecpl_3" wrote:

Hi,
Is is possible to run a macro and while that macro is active toggle to the
XL woorkbook without stoping the macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Starting with XL2k(and above) a userform can be displayed in 2 modes:
- modal: default - the form must be hidden/closed to click/use the parent
window (here, excel window).
- modeless: you can switch between the parent window and the form.

Note1: Prior to xl2k, a userform could only be displayed in modal mode.

Note2: using code, you can either do
Userform1.Show vbModal 'to display in modal mode (default)
or
Userform1.Show vbModeless 'to display in modeless mode

Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"ecpl_3" wrote:

Hi,
Is is possible to run a macro and while that macro is active toggle to the
XL woorkbook without stoping the macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks.
Precious info to me