Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pasting help

Hello

I have a problem with pasting values in a single cell only.

Say I have :

Metro
Centre
451-3434

as a copied value, and I'd like to directly have this pasted in a
single cell including its line spacing.

The macro recording function uses
ActiveSheet.Paste
but it paste values to many cells in a column.

manipulating ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 ="pasted values here"

seems to be the answer.

What's the script to be able to click on one cell and just activate a
macro that would put in pasted values in a single cell? Thanks

--
Ambrosia
Ambrosia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28146

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Um.... I'm afraid I dont know how to use your answer to my question. Can
you explain to me?

--
Ambrosia
Ambrosia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28146
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486692

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you copying the pasted value from another cell in Excel, or is it
coming from another application?

Tim

"Ambrosia"
wrote in message

Um.... I'm afraid I dont know how to use your answer to my question.
Can
you explain to me?

--
Ambrosia
Ambrosia's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Say it came from another application....

Thanks a lot for the help, but can you tell me how the script should be
as a macro?

Say I have a copied values already and all i need to do is activate
that macro to paste the values in one cell. Thanks..!

--
Ambrosia
Ambrosia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28146
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=486692

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try something like:

Dim clipb As New DataObject
clipb.GetFromClipboard
ActiveCell.Value = clipb.GetText

You will need to set a reference to the Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object
library to be able to use this. In the VBE select ToolsReferences and
check the box next to Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library.

Hope this helps
Rowan