Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default pasting

I hope this is the correct forum for this question; I didn't see a more
appropriate choice.

When I copy or cut and paste within a workbook from one worksheet to another
and I choose "Paste Special" I'm given a range of choices such paste
formulas, column widths, values or formats etc.

But if I try to paste to a new workbook and I use "Paste Special" I get a
different dialog box giving me choices of pasting an Excel Object, a bitmap,
XML spreadsheet or HTML (etc). Is it possible to get the other dialogue if
I'm pasting to a different workbook?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

it sounds as though you are different occurances of Excel.
if you want to copy directly you must be in the same occurance
try opening two workbooks from the file-open command and see what happens