Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Gerstman David Gerstman is offline

Default pasting

I hope this is the correct forum for this question; I didn't see a more
appropriate choice.

When I copy or cut and paste within a workbook from one worksheet to another
and I choose "Paste Special" I'm given a range of choices such paste
formulas, column widths, values or formats etc.

But if I try to paste to a new workbook and I use "Paste Special" I get a
different dialog box giving me choices of pasting an Excel Object, a bitmap,
XML spreadsheet or HTML (etc). Is it possible to get the other dialogue if
I'm pasting to a different workbook?