Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel and database question

Hi experts,

I have a question on using data in excel.

I have an application which holds a lot of sheets. 2 of the sheets, i use as
database (one to save data of a company in and one to save data of the
employees of that company)

on the other sheets i do a lot of calculations with the data in the two data
sheets.

When i make a new version of the application, my problem is that the users
simply override the old version with the new version. All data from the two
data sheets is then lost.

Question:

Can i seperate the application from the database (using excel or access ?)
and how do i go about that and be able to use the data in excel again?

Thanks for replying !!!
Pierre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could put your code in an Addin.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942
XL97: How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel 97

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211563
How to create an add-in file in Excel 2000

Tom Ogilvy

"Pierre via OfficeKB.com" <u13950@uwe wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

You've got to help me a little bit more please....

I read the link you posted and now i know how to make an addin but...

- how can i acces the addin form my application ?
- is the addin automatically loaded when i start my application ?
- how does it actually work ?

Thanks for yor help...as always !
Pierre

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
You could put your code in an Addin.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942
XL97: How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel 97

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211563
How to create an add-in file in Excel 2000

Hi experts,

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
Thanks for replying !!!
Pierre