Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Graphic in Excel Workbook

Hi,

I received a workbook from somebody outside my organization.

It has a graphic embedded in it (looks like petals of a flower - similar to
logo) in cell A1. This is repeated in "Sheet2" and "Sheet3" as well at
exactly the same place. If I increase the column width of A then graphic
stays at the same place (and its size doesnt change). I wanted to select it
and delete it but am not able to. When I get my mouse over the graphic the
mouse pointer changes from a PLUS sign to the standard windows pointer type
but clicking on it am not able to select it. Strangely this graphic doesnt
come out in printouts.

What is this graphic and how to delete it?

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hari,

I expect sheet protection / objects is on. In graphic format / properties,
move & size with cells checked, and print object un-checked.

Regards,
Peter t

"Hari Prasadh" wrote in message

I received a workbook from somebody outside my organization.

It has a graphic embedded in it (looks like petals of a flower - similar

logo) in cell A1. This is repeated in "Sheet2" and "Sheet3" as well at
exactly the same place. If I increase the column width of A then graphic
stays at the same place (and its size doesnt change). I wanted to select

it
and delete it but am not able to. When I get my mouse over the graphic the
mouse pointer changes from a PLUS sign to the standard windows pointer

type
but clicking on it am not able to select it. Strangely this graphic

doesnt
come out in printouts.

What is this graphic and how to delete it?

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Peter,

Missed to add this in my original mail.

No workbook/sheet protection!!

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

It seems that the Image is created with Control Toolbox (Toolbar). In
design mode you can select the image & delete.

Regards,
Shah Shailesh
http://members.lycos.co.uk/shahweb/
(Excel Addins)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is it an Image from the control toolbox? If so you need to go into
Design Mode first in order to select and then delete the control.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

Its not a background as this graphic is there only in/near cell A1. (its not
spread over whole of the worksheet as backgrounds are)

Anyway when I go to Format sheet -- background , I get a prompt for
applying background. If there had been a background the menu option would
have been "Delete Background'

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andy and Shailesh

Yes its from design toolbox. Once I pressed on control toolbox - design I
could delete it.

How can one create such images. I see that if I press on image button it
lets me draw rectangles and the formula bar says =EMBED("Forms.Image.1","").

How can I put images from my desktop using this way (the one which was there
was blue color petals ). Is there a way where I can mention path etc?

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India