Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vlookup Question

Hi

Not quite clear what you are trying to achieve here?

I understand that you have a list of part numbers in column A on sheet 1.
Do you also have the information you want in Cols B to F on sheet 3 in sheet
1, say in Cols B to F? If so, a formula such as=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:F,2),
will give you what is in Col B, provided that the part number is reflected in
Col A of that sheet. If you want to reference Col A on Sheet 2, you will
have to indicate that. =VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!A:F,2).

However, I suggest that you repost, and give an indication of exactly what
it is you want to achieve. Give a sample of your info on Sheet 1, Give an
indication of what you want to enter on sheet 2, and where, give an
indication of what you want to see on Sheet 3, and where. I am sure you will
get a better response then

--
ve_2nd_at. Stilfontein, Northwest, South Africa

"DA@PD" wrote:

Okay, I've asked this question before... but I'm still unclear on the solution.

I have a list of part numbers in Column A on Sheet1, I would like to be able
to do an exact match Vlookup with Column B on Sheet 2.

When there is a match, I would like to have the matches generated in column
A of Sheet 3, but in addition to this, if there is a match, I would like the
columns B,C,D,E & F from sheet 2 also populate along with the matching part
number on Sheet 3. When I asked this question before, I was told to just use
Vlookup for the additional data, I have the part numbers only in Sheet 1, no
other columns worth of data to match against Sheet 2. Can anyone Help??

Thanks!