Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
baz baz is offline

Default Help Please VLOOKUP question

I am having trouble with the syntax of a VLOOKUP argument. I am using
Excel in Office XP

My unique column of numbers (the vlookup) value is a variable. I want
it to look up values between 1230000000 and 1230099999.

Please post answer as email used is bogus to prevent spam.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure how your tableis set up or what you're trying to return, but see if
somethign along the lines of the following formula doesn't point you in the
right direction:

=IF(AND(A1=1230000000,A1<=1230099999),VLOOKUP(A1, $J$1:$K$7001,2),"Not Found")

The condition looks for values in your state range, the lookup table looks
up the value in A1 in the table located in J1 throughK7001 and returns the
value in the second column of the lookup table. If it's not found it returns
a text message that says "Not Found"
--
Kevin Backmann

"baz" wrote:

I am having trouble with the syntax of a VLOOKUP argument. I am using
Excel in Office XP

My unique column of numbers (the vlookup) value is a variable. I want
it to look up values between 1230000000 and 1230099999.

Please post answer as email used is bogus to prevent spam.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Baz Baz is offline

Kevin:

Thanks, this does the trick. I also have a similar question for a sumif but
I'll post a new question.

Thanks again,

baz